제주 Jeju Excursion: Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak (성산 일출봉)

Welcome to part two of the photos from Jeju! For the second day of our trip we had a full schedule. We started at Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak (성산 일출봉), which is the location of the photos for this post! 

Both my friend and I ended up quite sick by the time we got here, so we didn’t make it up the mountain of stairs to the top. Even if you don’t make it up there, it’s still a gorgeous spot. (I imagine more so on a sunny day!)

The peak is located on the eastern part of the island and I think this might be Seongsan Village. Regardless, I love the brightly coloured roofs. I hope I can make it back here someday and actually go to the top and see the crater!

Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak has a 600m crater at the top. The peak is the result of a volcanic eruption that took place over 100,000 years ago. (more info here

The horse riding seemed a bit of a scam, but probably fun for children. They just lead you around in a tiny circle. The path becomes all stairs later, which seems to be a trend with mountains in Korea… 

I love looking down from high altitudes on towns and cities. I find seeing everything in mini fascinating. It’s one of the few things I still like about flying too. 

I think, but am not positive; some of my friends are all the way down there. I know some went there for sure. I just can’t remember if I took the photo at the time they were on the shore. 

One of my favourite photos.

Pretty wildflowers along the path. Flowers = story time! My friend and I sat for a short break half way up the cliff. So many people stopped to either stare or talk to us. A group of middle school boys even dared each other to say hello to us. One brave soul did, and they all walked away excited after we responded to him. Moments like that always made me smile, I think I'm too shy to say hello to strangers.  

Next Jeju post will be from the spot where part of “Winter Sonata” was filmed! 
Part one: Sunset at Dragon Rock & Yongyeon Pond

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KonMari books; pretty and practical

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms

Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)