제주 Jeju Excursion: Sunset at Dragon Head Rock & Yongyeon Pond

ISA’s fourth and final out-of-Seoul excursion was to the beautiful 제주 Jeju Island for two nights and (almost) three days. Ours was the first weekend of June, meaning the weather was promised to be pretty good. And it was, for two out of three. On the third day it poured. 

The first night we arrived just in time to enjoy to beautiful sunset over the ocean. With only dinner and two stops on the itinerary, it was a great chance to relax and just enjoy the gorgeous sunset.

Dragon Head Rock 용두암 
Basically, if you look at it from the angle shown here, the rock looks like a dragon. This was…a bit of a let down, to be honest. We all felt that way, but the sunset at that spot 100 percent made up for it.
There’s a cool legend though. According to it, the rock was formed after a dragon was shot down after stealing jade from Mt. Halla and his body sank into the ocean. His head froze with him looking at the sky. 

I call this my Korean Air promo shot. 
Speaking of planes, we flew this little Korean airline there, T’way Air, out of Gimpo. They only offer water or orange juice, since Jeju is famous for oranges. Getting through Gimpo from the metro is a seriously long walk. My friends and I were almost late in meeting the others. 

View of the shoreline 

Did you know Jeju is famous for its black pig samgyupsal? That’s what we ate that night, although it was good, it was really expensive… 

I love these little restaurants. It’s not something you would see in the States. I’m actually not sure if calling it a restaurant is correct or not, now that I think about it. 

Yongyeon Pond 용연 
This is where freshwater and saltwater combine. Eight rock walls surround the pond. It’s supposed to be beautiful at night because of the reflection of the moon on the rocks. 

I heard him long before I saw him. I thought it was a recording, because it’s quite common for music to be playing in Korea. In fact, a few steps away there was one playing a French song. We sometimes joked that there was a soundtrack for everything. 

Couple photo, I see you guys ^^ 

And I made it over there too. So naturally, I had to take a detail shot. 

The bridge the photo of the couple was taken from. That bridge is super bouncy, by the way. (Some of my ISA friends are in this photo on the far right) 

I love when the sky is this pink and purple mix… 

And that’s it for our first day/night in Jeju! There are many more photo posts coming up for Jeju, so look out for them. 

For the rest of the month photo posts will go up on Sundays!
Until tomorrow, 안녕! 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KonMari books; pretty and practical

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms

Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)