Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)

As I've already mentioned, my latest drama obsession is Master's Sun. The basic story follows a young woman who can see ghosts (Tae Gong-sil) and a CEO with a mysterious past (Joo Joong-won). The two meet, learn to trust each other, and of course fall in love. The drama is currently airing with great success and is a product of the Hong Sisters (The Greatest Love, You're Beautiful, My Girl, etc.). The main cast includes 공효진 Gong Hyo-jin, 소지섭 So Ji-sub, and 서인국 Seo In-guk.

Tae Gong-sil and Joo Joong-won
Tae Gong-sil (Gong Hyo-jin) has a very relaxed style in this drama. She tends to wear a lot of basics and has a love of layering. I decided to play around with some of her looks from the drama to create my own versions.

Gong-sil often layers a sleeveless dress over a blouse or basic top. This can be a great transition-to-fall outfit. I actually wear dresses like this all the time. I'm a bit odd in that I don't wear sleeveless tops without something under or over.

For my take on the outfit I picked a basic white top and a printed maxi dress. For jewelry, one longer pendant necklace would match perfectly. Gong-sil's shoes in this drama can be pretty atrocious, I'm talking chunky sandals with socks. Instead, I felt a cute pair of flats worked better. Lastly, I find no outfit is complete without a handbag. A simple brown one compliments the easy style of this outfit perfectly.

This is one of my favourite outfits from the drama. I love eyelet skirt and hot pink pullover. It's the perfect mix of feminine and casual. I would totally wear this.

For this outfit I tried to keep the colour palette similar, with the bright pink and white. I ended up going with this sweater because it's adorable, right? I kept the eyelet skirt and went for a tote bag similar in shape and colour to her cross-body. To finish off the outfit I though sneakers were a perfect fit. I am in love with the tie print of these.

* Drama photos from SBS.

What are some of your favourite dramas? 
Do you ever take fashion inspiration from a character?

Comments

  1. I have been watching master's sun and I can say that I fell in love with it instantly. I love Tae Gong Shil's style. It's given me inspiration to create a wardrobe similar to hers, but adding my own spice to it as well.She looks so comfy and cozy, and that's just something I always look forward to when shopping for new outfits. Anyways, I love your blog!Maybe you can do a look book? Nonetheless, I love your version that you came up with! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KonMari books; pretty and practical

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms