7 of my book favourites

As any proper book nerd knows, choosing one is hard/impossible. However, there are some standouts for me. This list is subject to change, and maybe in the future I will update it. We shall see.


Author: Agatha Christie
Christie's books are a guilty pleasure of mine, whenever I want a book treat, or am unsure what to read, hers are sure to please. I LOVE the Poirot mysteries, and have just started the first of the Miss Marple books.

Series: The Harry Potter books (J.K. Rowling)
I do believe I re-read these every single year. They helped define my middle and high school years. I don't think I will ever tire of them, and I doubt they will move from this spot.

Stand Alone: The Thirteenth Tale (Diane Setterfield)
I still can't explain what it is about this book that I love so much. Everything about it draws me in, and even when I reread it, I remember how I felt the first time I read it. It's about time to seek it out again...

Movie Adaptation: The Devil Wears Prada (Lauren Weisberger)
I liked the book, but didn't love it. The movie, however, I love. The clothes, Meryl Streep (perfection), this movie is my favourite adaption of a book.

Classic: Emma, Pride & Prejudice (Jane Austen)
It's a tie for these two, but I figured that was okay since the author is the same. I have always loved both stories and all their adaptations, both in print and film. 

Children's: Madeline (Ludwig Bemelmans)
I adored these books as a child, and I still have the anthology on my shelves. I could probably still recite the start from memory. 

Coffee Table: Fairie-ality (The House of Ellwand)
This book was a gift when I was in high school from my aunt. I love it, the witty writing, the gorgeous fairy outfit creations. Whenever I feel a bit down, a flip through this book always does the trick of picking my spirits back up. 

This would work quite well as a book tag, eh? ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KonMari books; pretty and practical

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms

Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)