Book Haul

Book shopping is the best shopping, isn't it?

The Driver's Clothes Lie Empty ~ Vendela Vida
A woman travels to Casablanca and is robbed of all her money and ID. Knowing that she won't get her possessions back, she feels liberated by her new freedom to be anyone she chooses. She becomes a stand-in for a famous actress and finds herself inhabiting the actress's skin off-set too. 
I picked this one up because of the cover and was instantly hooked by the inside flap. I've summed it up quickly here.

Where'd You Go Bernadette? ~ Maria Semple
Told through 15-year-old Bee, this story is of her trying to find her bother after her disappearance. Along the way Bee learns more than she ever knew about her mother, including the secret past that Bernadette has been hiding for decades.
This is one of those books I constantly see, pick up, and leave without. After reading about it in a Buzzfeed list, I decided to actually get it this time when I picked it up.

The Murder at the Vicarage ~ Agatha Christie
The first of the Miss Marple books. Colonel Protheroe is found shot dead in the parson's study, after the clergyman had threatened him with a knife. But as Miss Marple soon discovers, the whole village could have had a motice to kill the colonel.
Agatha Christie is the person I would pick as my favourite author. This is the first Miss Marple book I'll be reading, but I love the Poirot mysteries. I just need to figure out which ones I've actually read, before I consider buying another.    

Why Not Me? ~ Mindy Kaling
Further essays and stories after her first book, "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?"
I LOVED her first book and loved this one just as much. Funny, relatable, and all around awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KonMari books; pretty and practical

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms

Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)