Introducing the kittens

 I recently started volunteering in the cattery at Austin Pets Alive! (APA!). Naturally I knew it was only a matter of time before I found the perfect kitten to take home. Actually, it was my second time going there when I got my first kitten.

L: Pekoe, the boy - R: Mochi, the girl

I saw her profile online first and knew I had to meet her. She turned out to be the perfect sassy, but super sweet kitty. I adopted her that day and took her home. What I didn't know when I read her profile was that she only had one brother, whom she'd never been apart from. I did meet him too, but I was worried about getting two. So, I didn't adopt him.

She did really well when I was around, but found it hard when I wasn't in sight. After two and a half days of regretting not getting her brother, I decided to call and ask if he'd been adopted. He hadn't! He had been moved to one of APA!'s offsite catteries, though. It was a bit far, but I drove out and picked him up that afternoon.

So, now I have two incredibly sweet kitties, and it's been great. Mochi and Pekoe were so happy (and adorable) when they were reunited. It's taken a lot of stress off of me, because they play, distract, and cuddle each other. I can go out and take care of day-to-day things without a little ball of fluff getting nervous. Of course, they still love and receive plenty of pets and cuddles from me.

Check out my Instagram to see more. Link in the sidebar ----->

(I was really upset when I found out earlier this year that my family had to give up my cat, Jiji, while I was away. I still miss her, but I know she was adopted quickly and is living in a good home now. So, that's why she isn't mentioned here...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KonMari books; pretty and practical

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms

Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)