Lip crayons, a make-up must

Crayons? Markers? Jumbo lip pencils? Regardless of what you call them, they are a staple in my make-up routine. I am pretty simple in my daily makeup. In addition to base makeup, I usually go for a natural eye, an orange lip and a little blush. Sometimes I switch up the lip colour, but most days it is a shade of orange.

L-R: CoverGirl: Ballet Twist. Revlon: Demure, Sweetheart, Rendezvous, Mischievous

I love the lip crayons because they are so easy and long wearing, Revlon's are probably my absolute favourite. I have tried the Clinique and tarte ones, but in the end these are the ones I constantly reach for.

1. CoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm 210 Ballet Twist
A pretty, sheer pink. It adds a hint of shine and to the lips. I like it on days when I want a my-lips-but-better look. As the name states, it is more of a balm and therefore is not particularly long-wearing. However, it feels nice on the lips, not at all drying.

2. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 040 Rendezvous
I have owned this one for a long time now, and it is my go-to lip product. It's the first balm stain that I genuinely liked. My favourite lip look is to apply this on the center and top with a slightly tinted lip balm. It's sort of a reddish-orange on the lips. The colour lasts on these for hours! I rarely have to touch-up at school. In fact, I normally don't bring it and only touch-up the lip balm.

3. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm 235 Mischievous
I bought this a couple months ago when I first learned that Revlon had added new formulas. At first I wasn't a fan, but now I love it! It's quickly catching up to Rendezvous. It's more of a true orange. It can feel a bit dry, but if you moisturize your lips first it can be perfect!

4. Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm 105 Demure
I bought this at the same time as Mischievous, but my feelings toward it have only gone downhill. I do not like the chunky glitter look. I wish these were more of a shine. The colour is pretty though, a neutral peachy-nude.

5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 025 Sweetheart
Same as Rendezvous, but this time a vibrant blue-toned pink. To be honest, I almost never wear this one. The pink is very cool toned, which tends to not go well with my pale skin.

What's your favourite lip product?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KonMari books; pretty and practical

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms

Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)