Happy New Year 2013, Goodbye 2012!



Happy New Year! 새해 복 많이 받으세요!

 It’s hard to believe that 2012 is already in its last hours (if you are in the USA, that is). Sometimes when you look back on a year you find yourself thinking, “I accomplished nothing.”  That’s never really true though, regardless of whether you reached your New Year’s resolution.

Truthfully, I forget what my resolutions were last year. Or if I even made any, but either way this year was not without accomplishments and highlights.

I adopted Jiji, my sweet black cat, after she appeared on my street and have no regrets on taking her in. (I’ll explain that in a later post, haha!)
The spring semester marked my first official semester as a communication/journalism student.

 I spent an awesome week with my family in Canada and went to Parry Sound for the first time. There I learned that a few days without phone or Internet is actually amazing and extremely relaxing. 

 I traveled to Paris with my brother. I know one day I will visit the city again. I got to spend a day at Versailles, one of my dream travel destinations. It was even more beautiful than I had imagined. Next time, maybe I will try to go off-season...

I finally applied to study abroad, something I’ve been planning since before I started college. To add to it all it is in the destination I most wanted to go (Seoul). And I was accepted to said study abroad program :P 

 I started this blog. Originally this was started for a class on specialty writing. Which explains why one post was a trend story written for said class. However, I find I have many ideas going forward and will be continuing to write here.

Going into 2013, I am excited to be spending my spring semester at Konkuk University with ISA. I hope to see as many places and learn as much as I can during my time in Seoul. Of course, I will blog throughout my time there and beyond. I am also excited at the prospect of adding video content here in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KonMari books; pretty and practical

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms

Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)