My February and March in books

When I last did this post, for January, I had read eight books for the month. However, February and March marked going back to school and not having as much time to read. I also read a couple of significantly longer books than I did in January. s! As I did with the last post, I've included the scores I gave them on Goodreads ^^

  1. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown - I read the first two books in the series way back when I was in high school. I remembered them well enough to read the third without going back, and I knew I had liked them. I liked the book, it was entertaining, but far from being a favourite or one I would re-read. (3/5)
  2. Looking for Alaska by John Green - I really enjoyed TFIOS, but this book bored me a bit. I felt like I was just trying to get through it. Could be that I am reading it at the wrong age, or that I didn't relate to the characters as much. It is choc-full of teen angst, and I seriously think I might have enjoyed it more when I was a teen. (2/5)
  3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - Another one of those distopian YA novels! They are my guilty pleasure. I definitely bought this one because it was in the $2 B&N nook book sale. It was entertaining, if you like the genre, you will probably like this one too. (3/5)
  4. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami - I am torn on what to say about this one. Book one is so slow, and I genuinely think this book could be much shorter. There were many times it was repetitive, even to the point of the exact same sentences a couple pages later. However, once it picks up, it is hard to put down. I was so hooked by the end, and I actually read the last 600-700 pages in one day. (4/5)
  5. Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie - A classic. I have a soft spot for her books. Also this was a re-read. I saw it sitting on my shelf and decided I wanted to read it again, despite knowing the conclusion. It's still good, I actually figured it out before the end the first time I read it. (4/5)
What have you been reading? I'm always open to suggestions!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KonMari books; pretty and practical

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms

Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)