Books, TV, tunes and games

Books
I read Landline by Rainbow Rowell in its entirety on the flights over. I liked the characters and really wanted things to work out for them. The story is sweet, if not particularly gripping. I rated 3/5 on Goodreads. Overall, it was a perfect plane-ride read.

My first couple weeks here I struggled through Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. Loved the concept, wasn't into the execution. This book could have been so much better, but the characters were flat. To be honest, the whole book was flat. 2/5 (I must have been feeling generous).

TV
So, the new Doctor. I quite like him. It took a couple episodes to warm up to him, but he's a nice change.

Finished "It's Okay, It's Love" and loved it. Everything was so good, even the soundtrack. Actually, a number of my Korean co-workers were watching it too. One recommended I start "Discovery of Romance" and so far I can tell it's a good one. I have to agree with my co-worker, the chemistry between the characters is really natural and fun to watch. It's also one of those dramas that I just like the styling and filming.

Tunes
Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" has become a guilty pleasure listen. My students are constantly singing Frozen songs, which led me to re-watch and re-fall in love with the soundtrack. Also loving Sunnyhill's new album, and TaeTiSeo has been everywhere since the album dropped.

Games
I am so bummed that the Sims 4 isn't available for Mac. Now I have no way to get my Sims fix. Also, waiting on the last Pokemon game to be sent from my Dad for my 2DS. Ridiculously excited, I haven't bought any of the recent ones.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms

Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)