Kpop: 레이디스코드 - 예뻐 예뻐 (Ladies' Code - Pretty Pretty)

Ladies' Code released their latest MV for 예뻐 예뻐 (Pretty Pretty) on Sept 3. This song and video are just my style. Indeed, my love of catchy songs with brightly coloured, funky-styled music videos will never end.


For a bit of background: Ladies' Code debuted this past March with the single "나쁜여자" (Bad Girl). They followed "Bad Girl" with the single "Hate You" in Aug. The five members are Ashley, RiSe, Sojung, EunB, and Zuny. Both Rise and So Jung were contestants on singing competition programs, while Ashley upload dance covers to YouTube. I actually recognized Rise from her brief time on "We Got Married."

So, click on to see more of their awesome music video and song!

I'm not sure there's much to say about this, kids in bee costumes. And this comes after a bunch of tiny dudes chanting in front of a light bulb. If that didn't give you a feel for how amazing this was going to be, I don't know what would.

From L-R: EunB, Zuny, Sojung, Ashley, RiSe. This is bright done right. The girls aren't piled with accessories and clashing patterns. Their hair is also kept pretty simple. Cat-ear headbands seem quite popular in Seoul this year, I saw them in tons of accessory shops.

The lyrics for both RiSe and Zuny's parts are tailored to them. Both not only say their names, but also something about themselves. I think the ending to RiSe's is cute (also, in case you didn't know, RiSe is from Japan):
"My face is sexy
And my personality is cool too
Don’t talk to me and tease me
About my pronunciation"

 Cats, cats everywhere >.<

These guys are personal cheerleaders. A soldier, a chef, a police officer, a doctor, and I'm not 100% sure on the one. Also I am in love with the dresses EunB and RiSe have on. Especially, RiSe, I like the silhouette of the cage(?) part

The main chorus to this song is one you should sing to yourself if you are ever feeling low in self-confidence: 
"From head to toe, I was always this pretty
or 
"Ever since I was born, I was always this pretty"

This is what minions are for, why do your own grooming?

The one with the violin is adorable because it looks so big next to her (him?).

That dress has a bit of a Betsy Johnson feel to it.

"No matter how hard you try, I just like being alone right now"

I think the idea here is the girls turning into nerds or geeks. The Harry Potter glasses are adorable and the outfits remain fun, but a bit more wearable.

Serious business

 (애교)

More cute poses in HP glasses. Sojung's top is interesting with all the studs, toughens up an otherwise 90s kid type look. You know you had a flower barrette and floral denim vest, I can't be the only one.

"예뻐! 예뻐!"

If you haven't already, be sure to watch the video for Ladies' Code's 예뻐 예뻐:

  
What was your favourite part of 예뻐 예뻐 (Pretty Pretty)?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms

Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)