Read this week: too much SM Entertainment

Just a small sampling of what I read this week, seems SM Entertainment was strong on the Kpop news front this week. EXO released their '으르렁' repackage, f(x) are currently winning music shows with '첫 사랑니', and Shinee just released 'The Misconceptions of Us.' Those are usual though, these are more interesting...

Apparently, SM is planning to open a museum in Koreatown, LA. I thought buying a travel agency was out there, but this one might take the cake. Personally, I'm not interested. That type of gimmicky museum isn't my style. If anything I think just opening a store filled with the merchandise and CDs would have been cooler, like the Everysing in Apgujeong. Guess the gift shop will be worth the trip? (there should be one...)


EXO is opening a collaboration clothing store in Shinsadong 'BWCW' (Boy Who Cried Wolf). All I'll say for now is I'm curious to see what the items will look like. I'll be honest, I first saw this on tumblr and thought it was a joke. Anyway, celebrity clothing lines are certainly nothing new and I tend to be interested only if I like the person/group.


SM C&C has merged with Woollim Entertainment (now Label). Reactions seem quite negative from  Infinite, Nell, and Tasty fans (international, anyway). I get it, each of those groups have their own unique sound and fans are worried they will now adapt the 'SM sound'. It doesn't sound like SM has any plans to interfere with their music though. The members of Infinite were in tears along with their fans and tried to clear up some of the misunderstanding over their future. I wish them well.

What are your thoughts? ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Konkuk University, KU:L House dorms

Style: Tae Gong-sil of Master's Sun (주군의 태양)